Jim Bourg/Reuters United States stocks rose early on the 2nd day of a holiday-shortened week and held onto those gains for the remainder of the session.
The S&P 500 rose about 0.7%, the Dow Jones commercial average was also up about 0.7%, and the tech-heavy Nasdaq gained 1.1%.
Up, the scoreboard:
- Dow: 23,590.83, +160.50, (+0.69%)
- S&P 500: 2,599.03, +16.89 (+0.65%)
- Nasdaq: 6,862.48, +71.76, (+1.06%)
- United States 10-year yield: 2.363, -0.009
- WTI crude oil:$56.91, +0.49, (+0.87%)
1. There's a cheap way for traders to protect versus tax reform failure. Goldman Sachs' derivatives strategy group pointed out that a trade hedging against a moderate decline in the S&P 500 is reasonably priced.
2. Americans are having trouble settling their credit cards-- and it might spell trouble for the economy. United States charge card delinquencies are rising, which might be a red flag for consumer costs going forward.
3. The three best methods to trade Amazon's retail dominance. There are a couple investment strategies that can take advantage of the Amazon-induced retail apocalypse: Buy Amazon stock outright, buy stock in business that support Amazon, and buy business in "Amazon-proof" sectors.
4. Robinhood is going after established brokers with a new feature. The zero-commission brokerage popular with millennials is rolling out a function enabling users to transfer stock from their accounts with other brokers.
5. Cryptocurrency ICOs are the tech bubble we have actually been waiting on. Individuals are putting money into cryptocurrency-based initial coin offerings, despite the fact that there are often no underlying properties with real value.
6. 3 maps show why NAFTA is so essential to the United States. Trade with Mexico and Canada is a huge offer for several state and local economies.
Hedge funds packed up on these 10 stocks last quarter
Chinese tech giant Tencent has surpassed Facebook in market value
Lowe's beats throughout the board, increased by lower costs and strong demand for emergency situation products
Bitcoin soars to brand-new high above $8,300 after $30 million crypto hack
Tesla's new cars didn't send the stock skyrocketing-- which could signify a brand-new truth for the company
Signet Jewelers craters 25% after issuing a warning for 2018