TiVo released the 20th edition of its quarterly video patterns report today, consisting of insights throughout material discovery, pay-TV, excessive (OTT), TELEVISION network apps, streaming devices and wise home devices.Based on a survey of more than 3,300 consumers, the covers key quarter-over-quarter (q/q) and year-over-year (y/y) trends, consisting of:
- A breakdown of top channels wanted by U.S. and Canadian participants in à la carte pay-TV plans, in addition to historic trends concerning perfect pricing for the top 20 channels
- Participants’ sentiments about cross-catalog guides and content discovery
- Viewership information on social media networks streaming prominent sporting events
In addition, the report covers subjects such as:
- The most popular wise speakers, and how respondents use them
- Respondents’ favored gadgets for and viewpoints on effectiveness of voice search
- The viewing practices of respondents who stream sporting occasions
In Q4 2017, almost 22 percent of participants showed they owned a smart speaker, which was a boost of just under 7 percent q/q. The respondents using either Amazon’s Echo or Dot was 57 percent, compared to the 35.5 percent of participants suggesting they utilized Google Home.And, inning accordance with survey actions, the leading uses of clever speakers is:
- Playing music
- Asking general understanding or trivia questions
- Setting timers/reminders
- Streaming and enjoying video content on a TELEVISION
See pages 28-30 for related findings.Voice Browse on Streaming Gadgets Study respondents showed they were using voice functionality on their voice-enabled gadgets, and they engaged most with Apple TV and the TiVo BOLT VOX ™. We believe the variety of users taking benefit of voice search will grow considerably as customers update to brand-new voice-enabled streaming devices.See page 39 for related findings.For more stats, insights and analytical commentary based on the most recent survey findings, download TiVo’s Q4 2017 Video Trends Report now.
© 2018 TiVo Corporation. All Rights Scheduled. TiVo and the TiVo logo are signed up trademarks of TiVo Corporation and its subsidiaries worldwide.