Jamie Murphy assists Rangers recuperate to make 2-2 draw at Motherwell

Jamie Murphy rescued Rangers on his Fir Park return as the Ibrox guys hit back for a 2-2 draw with Motherwell. Rangers were wanting to get better after successive beats to Celtic and Kilmarnock but strikes from Curtis Main and Allan Campbell put Stephen Robinson’s well-drilled clothing on the verge of handing the Light Blues a third straight league defeat.However, a James Tavernier charge just after half-time gave the visitors hope prior to on-loan Brighton winger Murphy-back at the ground where he started his career for the very first time since departing for England in 2013-gunned Rangers level to spare them their worst top-flight run of losses given that October 2000. Those defeats to Brendan Rodgers’Celtic and Steve Clarke’s on-form Kilmarnock appeared to have actually robbed Rangers of the vigor they had actually constructed up under Graeme Murty and it showed during a shambolic opening 45 minutes.It took the hosts just nine minutes to make use of Rangers ‘fragile confidence as Bruno Alves got caught the wrong side of Main as he flicked the ball to Chris Cadden.As the winger set himself to turn he discovered himself flattened by Russell Martin’s awkward barge. It was an unnecessary obstacle and Main made him pay as he tucked house after referee Nick Walsh indicated the spot.The accumulation to the game had actually concentrated on whether Rangers could manage Motherwell’s physical method and the doubts appeared well-founded as they yielded again after 16 minutes.Martin cannot clean up in midfield, enabling the exceptional Main to catch a loose ball before muscling Tavernier out of the method. His slide-pass ball for Campbell was ideal, who steered a tidy surface past Wes Foderingham for number two.Murphy attempted to lead Rangers ‘reaction but saw Trevor Carson get a firm wrist to his low drive while Alfredo Morelos had a strike deflected wide.But Motherwell could have struck again before the interval.

Cadden’s shot clipped the top of the crossbar while Martin had to dive in at the last second to avoid Campbell netting again after the youngster was given the freedom

of the box to drive forward.Rangers got their lifeline 6 minutes after the reboot though as Walsh pointed to the charge spot again-although it was a dubious call to state the least.Elliott Frear got caught in a tangle of legs with Tavernier however certainly got a touch on the ball. It made no matter to

Tavernier, who broke the spot-kick down the middle.Rangers extremely discovered themselves level just 2 minutes later as Murphy drove in from the left prior to drilling a stunning strike into the bottom corner.But the action almost took another twist as Main came close to regaining Motherwell’s lead as his dipping strike crashed off the bar moments later.However, the striker almost cost his side as

he gifted ownership to Josh Windass however Carson rescued him by obstructing as Daniel Candeias burst into the box.Rangers stacked forward looking for a winner however the house side stubbornly

resisted as they stick on for a result which now leaves Murty’s hopes of keeping his position beyond the summertime hanging by a thread.Topics Reuse this content