Hehr will not go back to cabinet, but stays in Liberal caucus after harassment investigation

A report on sexual harassment allegations versus previous Liberal cabinet minister Kent Hehr has actually concluded with the MP being informed that he will not be permitted to go back to cabinet -- however will be permitted to stay a member of the federal Liberal caucus.

"I am grateful to the prime minister for this procedure as it has permitted these problems to be more completely comprehended by all involved," Hehr stated in a statement posted to Twitter. "While I will not be going back to cabinet, I will continue to strive to serve the great individuals of Calgary Centre as a member of the Liberal caucus."

Hehr resigned from cabinet after Kristin Raworth of Edmonton published a series of tweets earlier this year alleging the Liberal minister had made ladies feel "hazardous" at Alberta's legislature with unwanted, sexually suggestive remarks, and had made suggestive remarks to her, including, "You're delicious."

Raworth said she felt afraid about getting in the exact same elevator with Hehr at the legislature, where he was an MLA from 2008 to 2015.

In his declaration Wednesday, Hehr stated that he did not remember conference Raworth but it's clear from the report on the harassment claims that he made her feel uncomfortable.

"I have actually said sorry and hope that she can progress favorably," he stated in the statement.

Hehr said that considering that the accusations were made public, he has actually required time to focus on his conduct and is making every effort to "do much better." Part of that effort, he stated, is to make amends to the people he has upset.

A second complaint against Hehr made by another lady, which was likewise investigated as a part of this report, declared that the Liberal MP touched her wrongly during an occasion -- something Hehr stated was unintentional.

'Unintentional' touching

"Regarding the other grievance, that of an improper touch throughout an occasion, the report was clear that any contact was unintentional," he said. "I did unknown it took place and I did not suggest for it to take place.

"As a lot of you understand, I am a C5 quadriplegic. I have no sensation or independent motion in my hands. Even more, I have limited muscular control and sensation in my arms. While my special needs discusses much, it does not dismiss the sensations of those with whom I interact."

The woman accusing MP Kent Hehr of sexual misconduct is breaking her silence in an unique interview with CBC News to talk about the online abuse she's gotten given that going public with her allegation. Kristin Raworth explains her experience-- then and now-- including how death hazards have actually left her feeling shaken and hazardous 3:22

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who remained in Davos, Switzerland at the time the allegations were made public, accepted Hehr's resignation, calling it a "leave of lack."

"Harassment of any kind is inappropriate and Canadians have a right to live and operate in environments totally free from harassment," he stated.

"As a federal government, we take any accusations of misbehavior incredibly seriously, and we think that it is essential to support females who step forward with claims which is precisely what our federal government will do."

The report into Hehr's conduct is not anticipated to be made public.I have been advised that the report into my conduct has actually concluded. I will continue to strive to serve the people of Calgary Centre as a member of the Liberal Caucus. Declaration: pic.twitter.com/Q1V9Ho2uj0—&@kenthehr Trudeau has needed to deal with other cases of accusations of unwanted sexual advances and abuse in

the Liberal Celebration.

Source

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/hehr-harassment-report-liberal-1.4694165